Saturday, March 29, 2014

Week 4

This is week 4 of the Trusting God book!!!! This week my focus is more on the actual act of TRUSTING GOD. In this weeks reading it talks about the act of trusting Him is a discipline and it is not natural. When it comes down to it and we KNOW we have to hand our worries over to God we want to "soul-scream". Isn't that exactly how it feels? It can be overwhelming…..But, the Lord wants your attention just as much as your family and worries that comprise of your stress take over your attention.

So this weeks thoughts/questions are:

~As the Lord desires to be sought after and found; what do you do to seek Him not have Him seek you?

~ Do you take time out of each day to thank God?
       -- I know for me before we had Sophia it seemed so much harder because I think we felt like we didn't have much to offer God and now we have Her to show God too. I know that sounds silly, but now our time with God, as limited as it is, is during dinner and bedtime. Will and I also do a weekly devotional and that is our time with each other and God! We do this not only for god and ourselves, but to be that greatest example we can be to our daughter.

~ Someone recently told me about something called a Silent Retreat. Do you ever just rest your soul for the Lord? I have never really thought about it honestly! But I have to say I LOVE the idea of it. What would you do to rest your soul?

~ This is just my personal thought, we should listen to the Lord. He knows that is best and IF and WHEN he answers your prayers He will do it in His own time and own way!

Watch this weeks video and take joy in your time with the Lord.

I end on this Bible verse:

*Discipline yourself for the purpose of godliness. (1 Timothy 4:7)

God Bless,

~ Vickie




No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Father

Last week (26 April 2017) while at Engage Night at our church, The Worship Center, we heard a song about our father. The idea of Engage Nigh...