Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Week 9

What a year! So week 8 was last written August 2014… talk about slacking. But I realized I have been reading so much that I am almost done with week 10 and haven't even posted week 9. Here it is…


Billy Graham said "I've read the last page of the Bible. It's all going to turn out all right."

This weeks devotional was one I had to re-read and Loved that I did. The first day talked about surrendering, but more so about surrendering your flesh to the spirit. Often times we do not obey what God is telling us because we forget to surrender to the spirit. When we surrendering completely to God all our fears and worries are taken care of. This reminds me of the security blankets of the world that we hold on to that we cannot relinquish to God. My example is money… I know the bible says that give all to the Lord, yet for me it is so hard! Will and I have about a year left in the Military (our second security blanket) and we do not plan to stay in. It will be 11 years that we have been doing nothing but the Air Force. It is just a huge change and I feel like I am clinging to it with all my might! I need to cling to Jesus and all of His glory He has in store for us!!! It is just hard to look at just His plan when there is so much going on in life that it gets so busy…..

In day 3 I did a lot of underlining as well as starring…. "We were created to pursue God" How very true! We worship Him, we need to get to know Him, and be satisfied in Him. We put so much faith in wordily things, yet we give little trust to God. In Jeremiah 1:19 it says "I am with you and will rescue you, declares the Lord". And if we just listened to this every time we are in doubt or aren't sure of something in our lives it would be a lot less stressful. Giving God all the control is giving us faith, trust, and loyalty to Him alone!

The lack of allowing God to take away the fear of the world will keep us from stepping out in faith.

My husbands favorite verse from the Bible is in this weeks reading…. Psalm 23. Take a moment to read over it and to really dig deep into the wording! "I lack NOTHING"

God Bless you all

~Victoria






1 comment:

  1. Wow love hearing how God is working in your lives and the way you are all pursuing Him. It sure does get busy doesn't it CRAZY BUSY!!!!!!!!!!
    I KNOW IN MY LIFE RIGHT NOW IT'S A NEW DEEPER LEVEL OF TRUST!!!!! TO ME IT FEELS LIKE AN INSANE LEVEL HE ASKS ME TO TAKE BIGGER STEPS WITH HIM ESPECIALLY SINCE I CAN'T SEE OR UNDERSTAND WHERE HE IS TAKING ME!!!
    I remember my boss at the daycare I worked at; at Bellevue Christian Center told me before I moved back here to Georgia she looked at me and said He is taking you on a grand adventure as you get there. I was so excited to hear those words, until I looked up the word ad·ven·ture.
    [adˈven(t)SHər, ədˈven(t)SHər]
    NOUN
    1.an unusual and exciting, typically hazardous, experience or activity:
    "her recent adventures in Italy"

    synonyms: exploit · escapade · deed · feat · experience
    VERB
    1.
    dated

    engage in hazardous and exciting activity, especially the exploration of unknown territory:
    "they had adventured into the forest"
    But since I have had nothing but trial after trial after trial since I got here
    I have learned quickly about this grand adventure He has and still has me on and to be honest I WOULDN'T HAVE IT ANY OTHER WAY BECAUSE I HAVE COME TO KNOW HIM IN WAYS I NEVER WOULD HAVE HAD I NOT FACED THEM!!!!!!!!! HE IS A GOOD GOD AND A FAITHFUL GOD TO BE MY CONSTANT COMPANION THROUGH EACH AND EVERY TRIAL EVEN IN THE DARKEST ONES WHEN MY BROTHER AND MY DAD DIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Good Father

Last week (26 April 2017) while at Engage Night at our church, The Worship Center, we heard a song about our father. The idea of Engage Nigh...